After a firmware/OS upgrade on the monitored system, the Hardware Sentry KM or the Storage Analyzer KM might discover instance names with different IDs, causing the creation of duplicate instances and old instances detected as missing. To delete those old persitent instances you need to reinitialize the KM. A new discovery will then be performed.
Reinitializing the KM is also required after a KM upgrade or if new connector(s) have been installed.
You can either reinitialize the KM:
- from the Monitoring Studio X Console
- from BMC TrueSight Presentation Server or BMC Helix Operation Manager
From the Monitoring Studio X Console
From the Console menu, select Hardware Sentry or Storage Analyzer and click the REINITIALIZE… button.
From BMC TrueSight Presentation Server or BMC Helix Operations Management
To reinitialize the Hardware Sentry KM and/or the Storage Analyzer KM, you will have to run the following PSL commands on your PATROL Agents using the Agent Query Tool:
requires MS_HW_q;reinitialize(1);for Hardware Sentry KM
requires SKM_q;reinitialize(1);for Storage Analyzer KM.
- Pausing the Monitoring of Endpoints Before Firmware Upgrade or Maintenance Activities
- Storage Analyzer KM: Verifying Prerequisites (Credentials and Connectivity)
- Required Roles and Permissions for Hardware and Storage Monitoring
- Determining the .si Adapter to Use to Monitor Pure Storage Systems with the Storage Analyzer KM
- Monitoring Studio X REST API through TSPS: Global Monitoring Inventory