As part of each discovery process, the RSM attempts to determine what protocols are installed on each remote managed element. The test for WMI protocol involves using a script that calls on DCOM to send a request to the remote managed element. If the machine does not answer the request (all non-windows machines will not answer), DCOM will time out (and generate the 10009 error.)
DCOM 10009 errors in the System Event Log with a description of "DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer xxx.yyy.domain.com using any of the configured protocols".
There is no solution available to this, other than reverting to WMI Native Mode on the PM. The error message can otherwise be ignored.
- Hardware Monitoring: Abnormally High CPU consumption on SUN platforms
- HP NC360T not Monitored on Servers Running Windows.
- How to Check the IBM Director's version Number
- Instances are Missing Even Though Connectors Are Properly Loaded
- Monitoring Studio Does not Take into Account a Change to the Polling Interval