When attempting to configure a Database Query in Monitoring Studio, you may encounter compatibility issues between the included JDBC drivers and the version of your database system.
For example, when attempting to query a MySQL 8 Database, you may receive an error such as “SQL Exception: Unknown system variable ‘query_cache_size’”. This is due to the JDBC driver in use being incompatible with MySQL 8. Due to this, it is necessary to load a new JDBC driver manually.
Please refer to your database software vendor’s documentation for the current version of JDBC drivers and installation instructions.
Once they have been installed on the PATROL Agent system, you can then configure Monitoring Studio to use them.
- Within the Infrastructure policy’s monitoring configuration, add an Advanced Variable.
- Specify the Variable as collectionHubAdditionalArgs.
- Specify the Value as the path to the JDBC jar file, prepended by -Xbootclasspath/p: For Example: -Xbootclasspath/p:“C:\jdbc\mysql-connector-java-5.1.44.jar”.
- Save your changes to the policy.
- Right-click the Monitoring Studio icon.
- Select Knowledge Module Commands > KM Commands > Java Settings.
- Within Java Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- In the Command line options field, specify the path to the JDBC jar file, prepended by -Xbootclasspath/p: For Example: -Xbootclasspath/p:“C:\jdbc\mysql-connector-java-5.1.44.jar.”
- Click Accept, and click OK in the Java Settings window.
- Monitoring Microsoft SQL Server with Monitoring Studio 9.4.xx
- How to Migrate Monitoring Studio X Policies from TrueSight to Helix Operations Management
- Monitoring Studio X - Monitoring Remote Log/Flat Files
- Prevent Storage KMs from creating agent thresholds, when configured in CMA mode
- Properly Setting the Exit Codes When Configuring the Command Line Monitor