In this article, we will assume that a Web request has been configured in Monitoring Studio to obtain the local VDC disk details of an EMC ECS storage system. The response data is in JSON format as shown below:
From this response data, we want to extract the StoragePoolName, the healthStatus, and the displayName information (the properties) located under _embedded/_instances (the JSON entry key). This article explains how to do it using Monitoring Studio.
To process the response data in JSON format:
- Right-click the Web Request instance and click KM Commands > New > Text Pre-Processing
- Select Convert JSON to CSV (Comma-Separated Values) and click Next
3. Specify the JSON entry key and the properties:
In our example:
- the JSON entry key is
- the properties are
- Click Next
- Configure the Monitor Settings and click Finish.
- Text Processing with Monitoring Studio X
- Monitoring an IBM Storwize Disk Array V7000 (SSH) using an Encryption Key File with Hardware Sentry
- Troubleshooting the Monitoring of Fiber Channel Cards on Windows Systems
- Monitoring HP Blade Systems with Hardware Sentry
- EMC VNX Monitoring with Hardware Sentry Fails Because of Special Characters in the Password