Even though the BMC Common Installer indicates that Java has been successfully upgraded to version 1.8.0_45, the java files are not replaced in:
$PATROL_HOME/../jre64/bin(for UNIX/Linux systems)
%PATROL_HOME%\jre64\bin(for Windows systems)
This problem prevents some Sentry Software’s KMs to operate properly.
To avoid this situation, Sentry Software recommends uninstalling any previous version of Java installed on the managed system before installing Java v1.8.0_45.
- Monitoring Fails Due to SSL Handshake or Authentication Failures
- Monitoring Studio X Unexpectedly Hangs or Consumes High CPU When Running a JRE Higher Than 8
- Installation or Upgrade Fails Due to Locked Out Jar Files
- Other Sentry KMs Stop Working After EMC KM 3.1.00 Install
- No data collected for HPE XP7/XP8 storage systems in TrueSight Capacity Optimization or TrueSight Operations Management