Two monitoring modes are available in Veritas Cluster Server KM for PATROL:
- The Single-node Mode, which allows the KM to perform full monitoring on the selected system. With this mode, even the passive nodes will be monitored.
- The Multi-node Mode, which avoids duplicate VCS KM alerts from multiple nodes. This mode can either be active or passive.
To stop the KM from operating on a passive node:
- Right-click the Veritas Cluster Server icon > InfoBox to check the Veritas Cluster Server monitoring Mode. If it reads:
- Temporary Single-node Mode: the KM is either unable to find an active system (either a master system or an online node for the default ClusterService service group or a configured service group) or the PATROL Agent on the active node is not responding. This monitoring mode will change into “Multi-node Mode” as soon as the KM detects a system in Active Multi-node Mode.
- Permanent Single-node Mode: the KM is not configured to operate in “Multi-node Mode”. You will then have to right-click the KM main icon > KM Commands > Configuration > Monitoring Mode and select Multi-node Mode.
- Check whether the VCS KM has been active on this node and has failed over to another managed node. When a failover occurs, the shared instances created on the previous active node, will be destroyed, unless the pconfig variable, /VCS/DestroyInstances, is set to false. Use the following PSL through PATROL Console to go back to the default configuration: