Monitoring IBM Servers with Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL or BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware requires an account (WBEM credentials) that grants access to the CIM server of the IBM Director Agent. This article explains how to get the list of authenticated users, and if needed, how to add another one.
- Run the following command to list the CIM server configuration:
/opt/ibm/icc/bin/cimconfig -l -c
- Verify that the authorizedUserGroups variable is set.
- If this is not the case, run the following command:
/opt/ibm/icc/bin/cimconfig -s authorizedUserGroups=<default_value>,<patrol_user_group> -p
- <default_value> corresponds to the default user group
- <patrol_user_group> corresponds to the user group to which belongs the PATROL account used to connect to the IBM Director Agent
/opt/ibm/icc/bin/cimconfig -s authorizedUserGroups=root,patrol -p
- Run the following command to restart cimserver:/etc/init.d/cimserver restart
- Verifying the IBM Director Agent is Operating Properly
- Monitoring IBM xSeries Servers with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring Studio: Monitoring Remote Log/Flat Files
- Integrating the Sentry Software's KMs into BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM)
- Log File Monitoring: Searching for a String and Triggering Alarm for each Occurrence