On IBM xSeries Servers running Windows, IBM Director 5.20.x / 6.10.x will not work after upgrading from 5.10.x or earlier. As a result, "missing device" and "failed connector" alerts are generated by Hardware Sentry KM or BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware.
A process called Pegasus Provider Adapter (ppa.exe) is still running after the upgrade.
Attempt a reinstall of the new IBM Director. If this does not work, reinstall the old version, uninstall it (do not upgrade directly) then reinstall the new version.
- Verifying the IBM Director Agent is Operating Properly
- How to Check the IBM Director's version Number
- Hardware Monitoring: No Environmental Information Available on IBM xSeries Servers
- On IBM xSeries Servers, Disks are not being reported.
- Hardware Monitoring: Abnormally High CPU consumption on SUN platforms