On Sun Solaris systems (all models), Hardware Sentry KM and BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware incorrectly discover and monitor non-physical network adapters (sppp0, clprivnet, aggr0, dman, jnet, lpfc). These network devices do not correspond to any actual physical network interface and must not be displayed as such in the console.
In the PATROL Console, under the "Network Cards" folder, Hardware Sentry KM will display icons named sppp0 (or clprivnet, etc.) in addition to the actual physical adapters.
In BMC Portal, BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware will display icons named sppp0 (or clprivnet, etc.) in addition to the actual physical adapters.
No error message is displayed.
- Patch P1088 fixes the problem in Hardware Sentry KM version 1.6.00. It is recommended that users of earlier versions to upgrade to version 1.6.00 and apply this patch.
- Patch P1089 fixes the problem in BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware version 2.7.00. It is recommended that users of version 2.6.00 upgrade to the version 2.7.00 and apply this patch.
- Hardware Monitoring: Physical Network Cards not Discovered on Sun Solaris Systems
- Hardware Monitoring: Abnormally High CPU consumption on SUN platforms
- DCOM 10009 Errors in the System Event Log of RSM Servers
- HP NC360T not Monitored on Servers Running Windows.
- How to Check the IBM Director's version Number